Best mod for your Norden 901!

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve only added a couple of parts to my Norden so far , with some others in the garage ready to go on ahead of a trip to Scotland in August. But yesterday I rode over to see Gareth at CF Racing , picked up an Expedition screen & swapped them over in the car park . It’s well documented that the standard screen is a bit too short, at about 5ft 9 it didn’t really buffet much at all even though I have a peaked Enduro style Klim Krios helmet. But, it made for a fair amount of wind noise around the sides and because your head seems to be in clean air above the screen it fires a lot of wind directly into your face.

I like to ride with the visor up a lot of the time with an Enduro lid ( wearing spectacles makes this easier) which I could on my GSs / Crosstourer but not on the 901. Above about 50-55 the visor had to come down . Rode home with the new screen , much less noise , no increase in buffeting and 70 ish mph cruising visor up , spot on. Even at 80-90 mph on a long private drive no issues visor up. Definitely a must do mod !

2A367750-CDB6-496D-858B-332F9FC125BB.jpegC3952545-9708-425B-8D7C-6B2788E5695F.jpeg15302A6E-69AA-4B5D-A542-E420862D981F.jpeg

Hi Rushy,
They do get to you don't they :D
On mine I have done the same screen mod (AliExpress)
Barkbusters storm hand guards (They standard ones are poor in cold weather/rain
Pivotpegs
Looking at a differnt seat or seat rebuild as when doing high mileages the original is a bit hard

Neil

Hi Rushy,
They do get to you don't they :D
On mine I have done the same screen mod (AliExpress)
Barkbusters storm hand guards (They standard ones are poor in cold weather/rain
Pivotpegs
Looking at a differnt seat or seat rebuild as when doing high mileages the original is a bit hard

Neil
Hey Neil, I really think this is a bit of a unicorn ADV bike. Great weight for its size, plenty of power , very good range , it’s lots of fun to ride, decent pillion comfort , tubeless tyres, really great supple suspension on the road and a very slick gear change. If it had DCT and a Honda badge on the tank it would be THE unicorn bike for me. I’ve got the reinforced Husky guards in white to go on along with some foldable mirrors that fit to them. I’m considering fitting some lower crash bars from Kappa to protect the tanks and powder coat them white prior to fitting. I don’t personally don’t feel the need to change the seat but I quite like the look of the one piece seat.

Do the pivot pegs sit lower ? I keep missing my footing on the brake pedal,as it’s a bit small, might flip it over for the better grip.

Hey Neil, I really think this is a bit of a unicorn ADV bike. Great weight for its size, plenty of power , very good range , it’s lots of fun to ride, decent pillion comfort , tubeless tyres, really great supple suspension on the road and a very slick gear change. If it had DCT and a Honda badge on the tank it would be THE unicorn bike for me. I’ve got the reinforced Husky guards in white to go on along with some foldable mirrors that fit to them. I’m considering fitting some lower crash bars from Kappa to protect the tanks and powder coat them white prior to fitting. I don’t personally don’t feel the need to change the seat but I quite like the look of the one piece seat.

Do the pivot pegs sit lower ? I keep missing my footing on the brake pedal,as it’s a bit small, might flip it over for the better grip.
Rusty, can you post a link to your hand guards with mirrors please?

best handguards and mirror combo are HDB (highway dirtbike)

Back
Top Bottom