Indian motorcycles

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well as some of you know I was am interested in a Challenger dark horse. Phoned a couple of dealers near ish to me.
Sheffield. They don't keep in stock but can order me one. Suggested I go to the Birmingham bike show to look at one.
Wigan. They have a red one. No test ride. I enquired about after market exhausts as I personally like a bike to sound like a bike. They didn't have a clue about them. It's something I have looked into and a few to choose from but they said it can't be done on a European bike. :nenau
So all in I'm a bit put off. Joined a couple of forums to see if I could find some uk owners but no joy yet.
Maybe I should just buy another Harley

Well as some of you know I was am interested in a Challenger dark horse. Phoned a couple of dealers near ish to me.
Sheffield. They don't keep in stock but can order me one. Suggested I go to the Birmingham bike show to look at one.
Wigan. They have a red one. No test ride. I enquired about after market exhausts as I personally like a bike to sound like a bike. They didn't have a clue about them. It's something I have looked into and a few to choose from but they said it can't be done on a European bike. :nenau
So all in I'm a bit put off. Joined a couple of forums to see if I could find some uk owners but no joy yet.

You’ve posted this in the Harley section so are obviously expecting people to agree with you. Get another Harley.

Personally, having done about 600 miles on a Challenger, I’d get one over any Harley in a heartbeat.
Performance and handling are in another league.
And why fuck with the exhausts ? Sounds fine as standard and optimises performance from the PowerPlus motor.
122bhp out the crate.

Even a stage 3 won’t get you that with a Harley.But at least the Harley will be noisy, so a proper bike

Posted it here as there isn't a Indian section.
Exhausts. No bike needs another exhaust but it's something most people do and I like to do.
I haven't seen a bad review about them and watched quite a few.

Posted it here as there isn't a Indian section.
Exhausts. No bike needs another exhaust but it's something most people do and I like to do.
I haven't seen a bad review about them and watched quite a few.

A quick Google search shows many aftermarket exhausts, such as Dr Jekill & Mr Hyde

cb1ad29698a428f5b38a4f010f9e5304.jpg

Why would they not work on European bikes ?

I'm only going on what the dealer at Wigan said. I know it can be done but wanted and trying to find out what people have done to theirs in the UK.

Two friends of mine have Indians. They have three, just in case one needs a service…

they do decent miles on them, a five hundred mile weekend regularly. They love them. I can’t remember what they have, but he has something with an enormous bat wing fairing, and hers has maybe just a nosecone. And humongous engines, of course.

I’ll ask if they’ve done any mods.

they got them from the dealer in Canterbury.

Two friends of mine have Indians. They have three, just in case one needs a service…

they do decent miles on them, a five hundred mile weekend regularly. They love them. I can’t remember what they have, but he has something with an enormous bat wing fairing, and hers has maybe just a nosecone. And humongous engines, of course.

I’ll ask if they’ve done any mods.

they got them from the dealer in Canterbury.
That would be good thanks.
I have yet to see one on my travels.

Do,

Have a look at Davys bikes Bangor website... There's one on there with after market pipes on it.

Give Bill Smith Motors in Chester a ring (not his Honda showroom near Christleton), they had one, or something like it, a few weeks ago.

Hi Doc dont know if these guys have a challenger in stock. Every time I go in the Indian section is getting larger ( Chester )

duh Boxer beat me to it ………

Just had a look, it's not a Challenger..... Sorry Doc.

I thought you could arrange a test ride via the Indian UK website?

I’ve ridden a Challenger; awesome bike it was Saltire MCs demo bike in Edinburgh, far better in every way than any HD I’ve owned. Currently have an Indian CDH vintage which I’ve had for 8 years without a glitch.
My next bike will be a Pursuit which is a full dresser version of the Challenger.

I’ve ridden a Challenger; awesome bike it was Saltire MCs demo bike in Edinburgh, far better in every way than any HD I’ve owned. Currently have an Indian CDH vintage which I’ve had for 8 years without a glitch.
My next bike will be a Pursuit which is a full dresser version of the Challenger.

Agreed.
Stunning bike

d18d732418c8cbee7760df1aaeb9885f.jpg

174a375a8c1ac7c25d175c1a575c69a3.jpg

1603e419b41402521ea11528b5f690b3.jpg

373128ab5e08cee2941b0cf318f0253a.jpg

But I can’t see Doc ever getting one.

Why ? You a mind reader now. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom