New bike day

This is the metal bar under the seat I'm refering to. It doesn't seem to have a purpose??.
Don't know, but I have that same wiring loom going into the seat, any clues what that's for I've no seat heating

Don't know, but I have that same wiring loom going into the seat, any clues what that's for I've no seat heating
That is for seat heating. I've seen mention that it's fitted to all bikes now but you have to pay to have it activated.

Leadfarmer , have you done your run in yet as Im at 1100 miles now and used one set of rear pads and a 1/4 to a 1/3 thro the second set ..As you loving the bike

If anything wanted me to buy something else, this has

If anything wanted me to buy something else, this has
Have to disagree , as for me I have tried so many different bikes and the new 13 is by far the best out there . Okay this is not right with the brakes but it will get sorted and one of those unfortunate things.
The bikes a dream to ride and puts real riding before power and fancy bits .
Many manufacturers still copy the template of the GS but only seem to make Drag Queens .

I agree with stick
My 1300 is way better than my old 1250
Especially when using dynamic mode
No issues with my brake pad’s either although I don’t have ACC on my bike

I have not ridden it bit if it is true the 1300 being better than the 1250 which is except the high speed with luggage death weave a mighty fine bike shame on BMW fucking up badly with the smaller tank , quiet exhaust and stupid looking radar boxes/missing tail light…By march we should know if the 1300 really is worth upgrading despite its obvious shortcomings !

I have not ridden it bit if it is true the 1300 being better than the 1250 which is except the high speed with luggage death weave a mighty fine bike shame on BMW fucking up badly with the smaller tank , quiet exhaust and stupid looking radar boxes/missing tail light…By march we should know if the 1300 really is worth upgrading despite its obvious shortcomings !

Attachments

• C4705239-919A-47F6-8C46-506A690D9987.jpeg
    C4705239-919A-47F6-8C46-506A690D9987.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 49
That's a great looking bike, Lead. Thoughtful of them to have it covered and parked it in the apparel section to keep people off it, did they give you the nice cover? What will you be doing for luggage?

That's a great looking bike, Lead. Thoughtful of them to have it covered and parked it in the apparel section to keep people off it, did they give you the nice cover? What will you be doing for luggage?

Hi Clifton, thanks !

No, the cover was just for effect at the delivery :love:

For luggage I’ve fitted my trusty Givi top case and then I’ve bought new Touratech Zega Evo boxes, I had the previous version on my 1200 but the 1300 doesn’t have an exhaust cutout so I’ve got a couple of liters more space

18EC3773-9F6A-4A98-8BEB-4BEF98F1F77B.jpeg

Darn. Well I'm sure they at least gave you a GS cap. :)

Nice setup! Those panniers appear to be what come on the GS Adventure. I'm hoping someone comes up with something similar for the Stelvio.

Nice setup! Those panniers appear to be what come on the GS Adventure. I'm hoping someone comes up with something similar for the Stelvio.
No, they're different. those have more rounded edges and built in handles. I think Touratech makes the Adventure ones so they're similar but different.

I see. I like them in the black or gray finish vs the unfinished ones I had. In most respects I find them more useful than side load panniers.

Nice garage floor there!

Yes, I’ve had bare aluminum boxes before but the black anodized finish gets less stains and scratches, I prefer the look too

I’ve had side loaders in the past but much prefer top loaders with inner bags, they just work better for me

I’m pretty sure there will be systems available for the Stelvio soon, it’s an adventure bike so the market is there and I think it will sell well too

I like black anodized aluminum boxes too , not necessarily on a blue bike with gold wheels (LOL) but one thing to remember in summer on a trip in countries with strong sunshine you will be surprised how hot they get...Something to consider !

New bike day for me just confirmed as 4th March, ordered it at the end of October 23 but decided to wait for the March reg.
No doubt I’ll be having chest pains now over the insurance quotes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom