PaulBDE & Baron Le Bon Invite you to join Italia 08 (Sequel to Garmisch 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By my reckoning I've told the landlady to expect around 20 hungry tossers on Sunday...

Meanwhile if any of you want a Stainless stubby for your 1150 and want to save a bit of postage let me know and I'll bring some along ;)

Linky

croft

right just found out that im booked on the saturday ferry, so will be in leicester sat night. so if any a ye tossers wanna hookup for few:beer::beer::beer:pm me . bryn i will give ye a ring when i get inta town :thumb2

However, as someone who doesn't like to keep things open-ended, if my 'possible' slot gets in the way of a 'definite' entrant then don't hesitate to knock me off the list. We haven't got a bike yet so it would be unfair of me to stand in the way of anyone else, there's bound to be other trips we can join in.

:thumb2

With no suitable LTs appearing on the radar I think the chances of us being ready for the tour are slim to non-existent, so I'll take my leave and drop out; I'm sure there'll be other opportunities.

Frankly I'm a little p***ed off that BMW haven't been able to come up with an LT to test ride in almost 12 months of asking! :spitfire

You don't think you can get a LT between now and JUNE!!!

There is one at Barrie Robson and another at Bluebell.

Novice - thanks for the pointers, but I've checked out those bikes already. The one at Bluebell is too old with too many miles and is an horrendous shade of green. The one at Barrie Robson's is ok on age, but has too many miles (for me) and is overpriced. I'd like to think I could get one before June, but I'm not one for sitting on the fence and it wouldn't be fair to leave the organisers hanging on for a yes/no after the cut off date. There may also be a chance that I'll be starting a new job in April which will mean being out in the States for 2 to 3 months. As I said above, there will no doubt be other opportunities. Who knows, if I do get this new job then I could possibly kill 2 birds with one stone and source a nice LT in the US where they are more common.

Navigator - No, not old and boring, far from it. If the choice were mine alone then I would have had a GS long ago, but the girlfriend (who has no desire to have her own bike) doesn't feel comfortable on the back of a GS. As I've stated before I'm looking at the LT, RT & GT, (and joined this forum to seek advice from riders of the same) but until the dealership (or BMW GB) come up with an LT so I can test ride all 3 back to back I'm going with my gut feeling, and that is the LT.

HI PAUL

DO YOU HAVE SPACE FOR TWO MORE BIKES ON THIS TRIP(WIFE AND I) JUST HEARD ABOUT TRIP FROM BRYN YESTERDAY!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOWN.

CHEERS
SEAMUS.

where have you been?

Seamus, can you make the meet on Sunday? if so, you can find out more about the trip and also commit yourself if you wish.

I will not know for sure the full trip roster untill after Sunday's meeting, so as it stands at the moment, the trip is still open.

Hopefully I will see you Sunday

Cheers

Paul

HI PAUL

DO YOU HAVE SPACE FOR TWO MORE BIKES ON THIS TRIP(WIFE AND I) JUST HEARD ABOUT TRIP FROM BRYN YESTERDAY!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOWN.

CHEERS
SEAMUS.

By my reckoning I've told the landlady to expect around 20 hungry tossers on Sunday...

Meanwhile if any of you want a Stainless stubby for your 1150 and want to save a bit of postage let me know and I'll bring some along ;)

Linky

If we're taking this opportunity to offer some savings on stuff for sale :augie
..I have a few hundred E.A.R. SOFT ear plugs left (sealed & CE stamped). I've sold them on here for £7 for 50 pairs but if anyone wants some on Sunday I'll cut the price to £5 for 50 pairs. My last lot went pretty quickly on here so if the demand is high I may put a cap on the amount per person to satisfy everyone. PM me with your requirements.

Blatent plug over! :thumb2, see you all on Sunday.

Hi everyone,

Good to meet up today, looks like a great trip and it will be a return to a tent for the first time in 35 years (I must be mad!!!). I beat the rain to Portsmouth so a good journey allround - apart from the Northampton Jct on the M1 - I turned off and then somehow ended up back on and heading for London instead of the M40! :blast That bodes well for Italy - remenber don't follow me! :confused: Thanks Bryn for sorting the venue. Finally thanks to Paul and all those helping out as there's a tremendous amount of hard work going in to this project.

George

Ditto from me, great to put some faces to names and to kick off what will be a great ride-out I'm sure. :) Thanks also to Paul for the organising, anything I can do to help, just say:)

See you all soon.

Really surprised to see so many people there today, it looks like it's going to be a good holiday. This'll be a few 'firsts' for me, camping & Italy.

I've done a fair few miles overseas before with groups & solo but I'm really looking fwd to this one & can't wait to get rolling.

You did a good job today Paul, you must do public speaking for a living, no? :thumb2

btw, I like to take photos so I may be last to the campsites! :D

In my Pan European days. (the name panphil changed so easily to panzerphil!)
Arras, France.
MondaygoinghomeSmall.jpg

Ring of Kerry, Killarny, Ireland.
IrelandPanGathering2006001Small.jpg

Lake Geneva, Montreux, Switzerland.
PanGathering031Small.jpg

Achnasheen, Scotland.
Scotland2006Olympus029Small.jpg

Scotland2006Olympus064Small.jpg

BMW purchased January 2007

Glen Coe, Scotland.
Ballachulish2007Small.jpg

St. Nazaire Bridge, France. To put a face to the name.
StNazBridgeSmall.jpg

Nantes, France (with my GS1150 owning German friend Beate)
NantesMay07051Small.jpg

OK, here's her bike! :augie
LWD-AvatarSmall.jpg

I like to do the odd track day too!
3Small.jpg

See you all again soon.

Phil.

Isn't it great what you can do with photoshop. Take a picture of your bike and with a bit of magic it seems like you've been everywhere. Now where did I put that photo of me taking Elvis offroading on the sea of tranquility.:D

I would like to take this opportunity to nominate myself as official "take the p155er". That means I am allowed to that the P155 out of everybody and nobody is allowed to take the P155 out of me.

On a more serious note. Ditto what everybody else said. Looking forward to the holiday. I will start another thread as soon as I figure out how for everybody to supply information on what comms they have and 2 way radios.
That way those who want to bike to bike chat we can see if we can match frequencies and stuff. For those who don't want to do bike to bike comms then you can ignore it. It's late and past my bedtime. I will sort it all out to morrow
:clap

This thread is now CLOSED!

What a turnout yesterday 16 of us!

As you will appreciate, as we are now heading to departure, lots of information will need to be published, which could get lost in all the posts.

To make this easier, I will be closing this tread, but will open 2 new ones:

Information - used for posting trip info updates only

General - for all general posting / questions etc

There are a couple of other specific threads, tools, accommodation, the channel & comms

Please try to ensure you are posting in the right thread

Thanks in advance

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom