PaulBDE & Baron Le Bon Invite you to join Italia 08 (Sequel to Garmisch 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which, Have we decided on a meeting point for the 24th Feb yet?

Buchaill, I can offer you floorspace the night before in Newbury. It takes about 3 to 4 hours to get from newbury to the ferry. M25 permitting. Cost will be a packet of Tayto cheese and onion.

thanks a mil navi might just take you up on that, see how it goes gettin nearer the time, 1 pack of crisps in the post :D

Reckon my place must be about central :aidan

Nice little pub in the village that bike friendly...

Heathcote Arms Croft

:beerjug:

Oh dear, I used to live just up the road from there. I might have to come in disguise cos there are one or two women who might not be terribly interested in my wellbeing if I met them again.:eek:

Oh dear, I used to live just up the road from there. I might have to come in disguise cos there are one or two women who might not be terribly interested in my wellbeing if I met them again.:eek:

:D You can borrow my disguise

Attachments

• musical-jimmy.jpg
    musical-jimmy.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 222
Reckon my place must be about central :aidan

Nice little pub in the village that bike friendly...

Heathcote Arms Croft

:beerjug:

Heathcote Arms
Hill St, Croft N52 33.584 W1 14.717

It's a 5 hour round trip for me so a weekend would be best, finishing in enough time for me to get home at a reasonable hour.

..or I may just ask for the minutes of the meeting if that's OK. :beerjug:

Heathcote Arms
Hill St, Croft N52 33.584 W1 14.717

It's a 5 hour round trip for me so a weekend would be best, finishing in enough time for me to get home at a reasonable hour.

..or I may just ask for the minutes of the meeting if that's OK. :beerjug:

Some people just have no commitment. Or should that be some people should be commited. Whatever:p

Following on from the recent postings regarding Italia 08, I can confirm that a PROVISIONAL PRE-TRIP MEETING will be held on Sunday 24th Feb 08

For those who cannot make the meeting, a set of minutes will be issued which will highlight any questions raised and also deadlines etc.

As I have mentioned earlier, this trip rosta is not firm and final until after this meeting.

The point of this meeting is to confirm who, when and how.

Up until this stage, the trip is still open to all, and only after this meeting will a trip “CAP” be set which will reflect safely moving a large number of GSer’s across Europe.

Regards

PaulBDE & Baron Le Bon

S'pose I better make an effort to get there then once the official meeting place has been set! :thumb

Course we could always have the premeeting at the ferryport.:thumb Last time I wend across we were going to go left but we went right cos the weather was crap. And as we found out afterwards that was the correct decision cos we avoided the rubbish weather and it was rubbish weather, all week.:D

Italia 08 Meeting

To put you all out of your misery,

Italia 08 Pre Trip Meeting - Sunday 24th Feb @12.30

Location Heathcote Arms (Leicester - seems as good a place as any – cheers Bryn)

The Heathcote Arms

Hill Street, Croft, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE9 3EG (East Midlands)

Phone: 01455 282439

N52 33.584 W1 14.717

Agenda

· Who is going on the tour?

· Who wants what type of accommodation?

· Accommodation on Friday 13th June

· Ferry / Tunnel payment

· The route

· The riding day

· Essential requirements for the tour

· Last date for committing to the tour

· Tour information – Roadbook, GPS data

· Bike to Bike

· AOB

For those of you that cannot make the meeting (please try) a set of minutes will be sent to everyone.

See you on the 24th!

Paul

Is it too late?

I hope I'm not too late for this.
I live in France (near Basel), and I could join you as you cross into switzerland. Please tell me you still have space.
John
PS GS1150A, GPS+comms

To put you all out of your misery,

Italia 08 Pre Trip Meeting - Sunday 24th Feb @12.30

Location Heathcote Arms (Leicester - seems as good a place as any – cheers Bryn)

The Heathcote Arms

Hill Street, Croft, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE9 3EG (East Midlands)

Phone: 01455 282439

N52 33.584 W1 14.717

Agenda

· Who is going on the tour?

· Who wants what type of accommodation?

· Accommodation on Friday 13th June

· Ferry / Tunnel payment

· The route

· The riding day

· Essential requirements for the tour

· Last date for committing to the tour

· Tour information – Roadbook, GPS data

· Bike to Bike

· AOB

For those of you that cannot make the meeting (please try) a set of minutes will be sent to everyone.

See you on the 24th!

Paul

Bugger... can't make it.....:augie

Only joking.... see you there :thumb

May leave the bike in the garage though.. its only half a mile away

It's Getting Better Man!

Well, I've had a great day talking to the various sites that we wil be staying on the Italia 08 Tour.

We have had a slight venue change on the Lake Como night, having moved a few miles further down the lake, to a stunning venue, by the town of Dongo :)

Our Rome site is all confirmed already as is Rimini, and by the way BRING YOUR TRUNKS! (swimming)

I look forward to seeing you all later this month.

Regards

Paul (I'm so excited already!)

I'm looking at riding down to Dover on Friday 13th & staying a night in a Travelodge. They have 3 or 4 premises within a short riding distance of Dover (with parking).

There's no way I fancy riding 300 miles to Dover then riding another 340 miles on the other side. Done that before & it wasn't nice.

If anyone fancies the Travelodge option, pick a location & we could meet up/lock our bike together.

Canterbury Dunkirk or Canterbury Whitstable look OK at £29 a night.

Canterbury to Dover, 18 miles.

A topic for discussion on the 24th...

Friday 13th June
£29, sleeps 3 (at a push), 2 may be more civilised! :augie

Trav.jpg

Looking forward to meeting you all on the 24th

Only a 270 mile round trip for me:thumb, so see you on the 24th.

Looking forward to it.

Stevo (& Hayley)

Italia 2008 meeting

Right.. been down to the Heathcote arms to sort out the arrangements..

No food usually on a Sunday.. but there will be an exception for us :thumb

Sausage and Bacon cobs is the easiest.... and we have a room to ourselves as well :)

Landlady said it would be helpful to know how many are descending on her ( so to speak) :aidan

Also how many for some grub....

replies below please.....I can then pass the info on to her :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom