Seats

Redboots

Member well-known
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are the KTM Ergo seats any good? As in more comfortable.
I am not in the market for four hundred plus £€$ seats!

I was thinking of the +20mm jobbie.
I realise all arses are not the same, but the reviews range from great! to no better than standard.
Is that fat arses compared to thin arses? I'm on the thinner side at 76kg.

I’ve gone from needing an AirHawk on my R1200GSA to then using the AirHawk on my 1290SAS with the high heated ergo seat. Eventually removed the AirHawk to get the benefit of the heat and discover the ergo seat is good for 500+ days, so AirHawk now in a box in the garage.

The ergo seat is firm it doesn’t feel it should be comfortable for long days but never gets uncomfortable.

I’ve gone from needing an AirHawk on my R1200GSA to then using the AirHawk on my 1290SAS with the high heated ergo seat. Eventually removed the AirHawk to get the benefit of the heat and discover the ergo seat is good for 500+ days, so AirHawk now in a box in the garage.

The ergo seat is firm it doesn’t feel it should be comfortable for long days but never gets uncomfortable.
Cheers for that. I think I will get the dealer to order one for me to try.
I think firm is better than saggy. Should maintain support for longer.

I never liked the AirHawk. Always felt like you were sat on a wobbly thing.

Are the KTM Ergo seats any good? As in more comfortable.
I am not in the market for four hundred plus £€$ seats!

I was thinking of the +20mm jobbie.
I realise all arses are not the same, but the reviews range from great! to no better than standard.
Is that fat arses compared to thin arses? I'm on the thinner side at 76kg.
I have an Ergo seat on my 890ADV R which is an improvement on the stock seat.
More padding, slightly higher, but more wasted at the sides so you still touch the ground.
£180 I think it was which I can live with.
The bike came with a £400 Touratech Comfort seat which I only used once before shoving it in the spare bedroom.
I really should have a clear out sometime of all the farkles of bikes gone by.

More padding, slightly higher, but more wasted at the sides so you still touch the ground.
Great, thanks :thumb2
I tried to order one from the local dealer but he wouldn't do it!
Said my bike was not in the fitment list :blast Arse.
I have ordered one from CMS-NL. €186 odd.

Had Ergo on all my 1X90 adventures, way better than stock - but stock was appaling on all of them to begin with, but for the money a very good improvement, the reality is the Ergo should be the minimum standard for such a bike in the first place, with a "comfort" option being like a sofa for those who want to plod along looking for some flowers to press.

Had Ergo on all my 1X90 adventures, way better than stock - but stock was appaling on all of them to begin with, but for the money a very good improvement, the reality is the Ergo should be the minimum standard for such a bike in the first place, with a "comfort" option being like a sofa for those who want to plod along looking for some flowers to press.
Agree that the ergo puts the bike back to where it should be as standard.
And because it's a relative bargain we just suck it up.

Hi Bod, any chance you could tell me the part number of said seat?
I have been sent the wrong one! :blast

Cheers.

:nenau

I did that and picked the wrong one ffs.
What I didn't want was a heated seat. In the 60 years I have been riding bikes, I have never noticed a cold arse!
So I picked the unheated seat. Wrong seat.
Going by your link above, the 63707940044 fits, but then it shows its the fitment for '23-'24 bikes.
And what about the 63507940000 that is listed for the 790 but its €100 more. Why?
Bleedin' minefield!

The KTM parts finder is a bit crap.

Hi Bod, any chance you could tell me the part number of said seat?
I have been sent the wrong one! :blast

Cheers.

This is the seat I have.
There is also a lower than standard version, as well as an identical model with orange sides.

This is the seat I have.
There is also a lower than standard version, as well as an identical model with orange sides.
Thanks for that.
I was looking for the single rider seat with more comfort.
Seems not to exist. Ergo with heat appears the only option and unless that is thicker, there's no point.

Thanks for that.
I was looking for the single rider seat with more comfort.
Seems not to exist. Ergo with heat appears the only option and unless that is thicker, there's no point.
I think the single seat is for the none R model only.

I have the heated ergo on my 1190 and it's fine comfort wise. Can't speak for the heating as i got it cheap as some electrical bits were missing, so that's never worked (or been missed).

I have the heated ergo on my 1190 and it's fine comfort wise. Can't speak for the heating as i got it cheap as some electrical bits were missing, so that's never worked (or been missed).
I'm also not bothered about heat.
The 63507940000 is the Ergo with heating @ €294
There is also the 63707940044 which is listed as an Ergo and is some €100 cheaper.
I am waiting on info from KTM............

Mamma mia! Maybe fit the heated seat and don't connect the electrics? :nenau of you cannot find an alternative

Back
Top Bottom