Replacement Screen or Wind Deflector recommendations???

I went for a much smaller screen (GS 'rallye' screen - tinted). Clean air, looks cool and more engaging. I'm 5 ft 10 and don't need such a tall screen.

GSA screen + MRA X-Screen + Cymarc supports and job's a good'un.
Will find out if you're right tomorrow. 200 mile round trip and should be getting the GSA screen tinted half way through.
40e588426da2f2fb32c2d25fc14ac811.jpg

It's been a great setup for me over the past 20k+ miles (I had the same setup on my previous GS). Tip: tilt the X-screen slightly more vertical (1 notch is good) compared to the main screen.

34722644675_104a741de4_c.jpg

Good choice let's us know how it goes, may take some tweaking to find best position for you. Good to see pic of tint when done, who is doing that for you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Givi do a good screen. The D5108. Its sorted the turbulence out for me.

It's been a great setup for me over the past 20k+ miles (I had the same setup on my previous GS). Tip: tilt the X-screen slightly more vertical (1 notch is good) compared to the main screen.

34722644675_104a741de4_c.jpg

4 hours of riding just over 200 miles and I fully admit, your set up is the best yet. Love it. Better than the Puig screen imo. Puig is great if you don't use a GoPro but the easiest and best by miles is the x-creen on top of the GSA screen.

4 hours of riding just over 200 miles and I fully admit, your set up is the best yet. Love it. Better than the Puig screen imo. Puig is great if you don't use a GoPro but the easiest and best by miles is the x-creen on top of the GSA screen.

Glad it's worked for you too :beerjug:

For any GSA rider, it's also the cheapest/easiest option, whilst maintaining an original BMW screen.

I put the Ralleye screen on my GS Exclusive looks much better, and lets good air into me in hot weather when lowered, and raise it just right. Down Side is that screen is frigging expensive as it is BMW

I`m 6'3.

i use standard screen with a touratech screen deflector and cymark screen braces.

works fairly well but i found to get zero buffeting the key was to take the peak off the helmet unless going seriously slow or off roading..

this combo gives me the better results than any screen combo i`ve used on KTM`s and BMWs and africa twin bikes.

I put the Ralleye screen on my GS Exclusive looks much better, and lets good air into me in hot weather when lowered, and raise it just right. Down Side is that screen is frigging expensive as it is BMW

I did the same on GSA. Looks fantastic but cost me about £170. I am now selling the bike, so have that and a standard tinted GSA screen (which cost even more!) for sale. Both are 2 months old!

:eek:.... this thread is going to run and run. :blagblah

Hugely debated subject already but FWIW, i changed my OEM (GSA) screen for a MRA Vario Touring (www.bikehps.com). I am 5f 11Inch tall and get no buffeting on the head at any speed. It works for me :beerjug:
I'm half an inch taller and di the same. Works great for me too. The MRA screen moves a lot more though, especially over bumps at low speed, so I played it safe and installed a pair of Cymarc braces. Much more solid now.

I'm half an inch taller and di the same. Works great for me too. The MRA screen moves a lot more though, especially over bumps at low speed, so I played it safe and installed a pair of Cymarc braces. Much more solid now.

+1..... added the braces too.

Decided to get the MRA X-Creen additional clear visor to add to my standard BMW GSA screen.

Hoping it'll do a good job. :)

Decided to get the MRA X-Creen additional clear visor to add to my standard BMW GSA screen.

Hoping it'll do a good job. :)

I had one of those on my GS, moved about a lot at speed.

You may want to consider a brace if you don't already have. I went for the Puig one and very happy - can adjust on the go with one hand up to about 50mph.

I had one of those on my GS, moved about a lot at speed.

You may want to consider a brace if you don't already have. I went for the Puig one and very happy - can adjust on the go with one hand up to about 50mph.

Oh ok,

What sort of 'speed' was it moving about at?

Do you think the MRA x-creen on top of a GSA screen (or a Givi copy in my case) is a better solution than the MRA Vario-touring complete screen? I only ask as the complete screen (inc. the spoiler bit) is about the same price as the x-creen on its own + the Cymarc supports.

Oh ok,

What sort of 'speed' was it moving about at?

Around the national speed limit and higher, but also with side winds, bumpy roads. The standard one did too, but to a lesser degree.

It's now got a Puig touring one on with their brackets and it's rock steady. I'm sure the Cymarc ones are good too.

It may not happen on yours as it is newer.

Being over 6' 1" the standard GS screen on a 16 plate works fine for me, but interestingly on a recent GSA test ride, which I thought would be quieter, the screen caused more wind noise. :nenau

Back
Top Bottom