Enduro Helmet with sun visor ?

LHutchin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Looking to get an enduro helmet with a integrated sun visor

Can anyone tell me what brands do these please with any recommendations.

Schuberth e1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For price and quality I think it is difficult to beat the xlite 551. The sun visor is the best in the business in terms of clarity and depth of coverage. The helmet is quiet by enduro type standards with cut outs for comms, pinlock and good ventilation....and the peak doesn't catch the wind like others

Best lid I have had and the first time ever I have replaced my old one like for like.

For price and quality I think it is difficult to beat the xlite 551. The sun visor is the best in the business in terms of clarity and depth of coverage. The helmet is quiet by enduro type standards with cut outs for comms, pinlock and good ventilation....and the peak doesn't catch the wind like others

Best lid I have had and the first time ever I have replaced my old one like for like.

Which further proves that one person's favourite is another person's nemesis -
I bought one, wore it for 10 days to Spain and back and then threw it in the back of the garage where it sits in shame.
The most uncomfortable noisy badly vented piss poor helmet I have ever bought !!

Thanks for all the replies

Was yours the GT version?

I can get the non GT for £159 :clap

Thanks for all the replies

Was yours the GT version?

I can get the non GT for £159 :clap

Here is my take on it, go and try it on, keep it on your head for 20-30minutes, by then you sure to notice things that will irritate you. Another point to make, buy best you can afford. Buying cheap means buying twice maybe even more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spada Intrepid Ive had the Sting (non sunvisor) version for a few years without issue. Well under a £100 but don't be put off by the price I've always found Spada products to be high quality but often overlooked.

Here is my take on it, go and try it on, keep it on your head for 20-30minutes, by then you sure to notice things that will irritate you. Another point to make, buy best you can afford. Buying cheap means buying twice maybe even more often.

This notion implies that more expensive automatically equates to "best", and that cheaper equates to worst. And this is nonsense, IMO. I think the notion comes from a time when (expensive) Arai & Shoei ruled the helmet roost, with bugger all decent alternatives.

But this simply isn't the case any more. Plenty of brands now produce really good helmets at very reasonable prices. So "best you can afford" doesn't really apply any more. Instead, best fit - which has always been the number one priority - should override price. If the best fit is more expensive, so be it. But it may not necessarily be...

I agree with most of that, but for me the Schuberth E1 turned out to be the most comfortable, in the end.

When Shoei were bringing out the Neotec, I decided I needed a flip front for RoSPA tutoring and blood bikes. I tried every brand including

Shoei
Schuberth
Sharp
BMW Navigator
Several cheapies

The best fitting one was the Neotec, for me but over the coming weeks I found it very poor, noisey and leaked in heavy rain, the opening was not as big as I was used to with Arais and it felt cheap, but I endured it for a couple of years as it ticked the all important flip front. For all other riding I wore the Arai. One of the local shops gave a talk on safety equipment at our bloodbike group and that reopened my eyes to the Schuberth. I visited his shop and they "lent" me a helmet to try and ride around for a while, no other shop has ever offered me that.

Now the E1 is my preferred choice and slowly the other brands in my collection are being given to the fire service for practice helmet removal.

Back
Top Bottom