Rallye Seat on GSA

rossi46

Reaction score
Thinking of trying a Rallye Seat on my 2015 GS Adventure. I have the standard seat in the high position (I’m 6ft 2”), is the Rallye Seat going to be lower, the same or higher than standard ?

Slightly higher but narrower, so you will still get your feet down, assuming you do already.

There are 2 different height Rallye seats available, Standard and Low, I have the Low version on my Rallye GS with Sport Suspension pack (so the bike is the same height as a std ADV) as you're taller than I am I would suggest you go for the Std version.

I like the look of the rallye seat and have been thinking about putting one on my bike, I never take a pillion (cos no one would be that stupid) was wondering just how comfortable they are though for all day riding

I’m only on 'your side' of St Helens and have a 2017 Rallye (with both seat options) if you want to pop over and try it OP.

EDIT: Just seen the post regarding comfort.

I have had the seat installed since day one and 2,500 miles in have had no issues with comfort. I feel the narrow profile helps.

I don’t think it’s any use asking, as everyone has a different arse and comfort threshold, but for 300 mile days I say it’s fine.

My Rallye seat lives on my GSA for about 90% of the time. Normal seats go back on for touring.

I have done 6,000 miles on my Rallye seat including a 2,700 mile jaunt to Copenhagen and back. I find it comfortable and have no plans to change/adapt it.

I had a GS TC prior to my 2017 Rallye and find the comfort comparable. I also think it looks better. I never take a pillion either :beerjug:

I have done 6,000 miles on my Rallye seat including a 2,700 mile jaunt to Copenhagen and back. I find it comfortable and have no plans to change/adapt it.

I had a GS TC prior to my 2017 Rallye and find the comfort comparable. I also think it looks better. I never take a pillion either :beerjug:

It’s the touring has me wondering, as I am doing Spain and Morocco in a couple of months and wouldn’t want to be half way through the trip wishing I’d swapped my Rallye seat for the stock seat. I’m not one of those looking for ultimate comfort, so would never go for one of the fancy seat options, but don’t want a chapped arse either...

I have both options already, so no cost to swap and change.

As previously said our butts are individual and our comfort threshold varies but I did two 500 mile days using the Rallye Seat. I'm not stating that it is all day comfy but it is, in my opinion, no worse than the standard rider seat.

As previously said our butts are individual and our comfort threshold varies but I did two 500 mile days using the Rallye Seat. I'm not stating that it is all day comfy but it is, in my opinion, no worse than the standard rider seat.

Cheers Neil, as my thoughts are too, but despite a few days out (doing 200 plus miles) it’s good to hear others opinions. I think if you accept it as comfy as the standard seat, you can’t go much wrong.

Like most have said "Our arse comfort is different" or words to that effect....BUT....The rally seat on my Rallye GSA is slightly narrower than stock and firmer so it takes a little bit more breaking in, but it's not uncomfortable, if i was touring then my other standard seats would go on.

Oh and a second thought :blast The Rallye seat is not adjustable it's set in the high position, so it means your sat on the bike as opposed to in it (if you get my drift), which IMHO makes for a different ride...I'f I want to make MORE progress I'd prefer the standard seat.

I tried it a couple of years back. Novelty soon wore off :duno

image 21.jpg

I like the look of the rallye seat and have been thinking about putting one on my bike, I never take a pillion (cos no one would be that stupid) was wondering just how comfortable they are though for all day riding

I have done about 45k on mine and hardly ever put the standard seat back on, have also done lands end to john o'groats in one, and a couple of trips back from Italy in one go, so they can't be to bad , you can actually fit a chunky pillion on if you need to HTH

Back
Top Bottom