Air ambulance - Devizes to Westminster kayak race

Richmond went to green flag yesterday which means fluvial flow on the ebb tide is back to normal-just! By the time you go through Richmond on Sunday the weir gates should be up so you won’t have to portage Richmond.
Up river they have started to move onto yellow boards decreasing so hopefully over the next few days this will domino down river.

Despite living close by the Thames, there is an entire world of water, which passes me by.

Richmond went to green flag yesterday which means fluvial flow on the ebb tide is back to normal-just! By the time you go through Richmond on Sunday the weir gates should be up so you won’t have to portage Richmond.
Up river they have started to move onto yellow boards decreasing so hopefully over the next few days this will domino down river.
Thanks again for that update - really valuable.

Don't be on the water when they open the new pipe, or you could end up in Beckton 😳

is there gonna be a whatsapp group , so we don't go and view from somewhere and waste 2 hrs cos you is late ?
or given up? or sunk ? or pissed ?

you can't run it cos you will be busy .

is there gonna be a whatsapp group , so we don't go and view from somewhere and waste 2 hrs cos you is late ?
or given up? or sunk ? or pissed ?

you can't run it cos you will be busy .
At the start we will be issued with a tracker. (I'll wear it on the other ankle to my usual one... :) ) My mate has an email set up, in which he will distribute details of the tracker to anyone who's interested. If you PM me your email address, I'll ask him to add you to the list. Boat 309, by the way.

If the tracker shows us going round and round in circles below a weir, it probably hasn't ended well, so I'll put a few quid behind the bar at the Town of Ramsgate.... :D

crew 309

click on 309 and the map will show where they are , update every 10 mins or so.

Thanks for posting that, I was just wondering about how they were getting on.

Will be checking in on their progress during the day and hope they make it safely to the end with no drama.

just coming up on Newbury , i think they had a rest/food stop , so have dropped back from the front runners.

guyers lock , stuffing their faces , i think.

Last edited:
Fair play, that’s a bloody long way and they are putting in a damn good effort.

Yes, ending at Teddington, see bulletin it says but don't know how to look at bulletin.
So very nearly at the finish.

Back
Top Bottom