Gold wing Bagger

Ounce you have ridden one you will realise just how capable and easy to ride they are plus comfortable for long distances, only gripe is side panniers are a bit small but if they were bigger the bike would look shit.

Ounce you have ridden one you will realise just how capable and easy to ride they are plus comfortable for long distances, only gripe is side panniers are a bit small but if they were bigger the bike would look shit.
I wonder if Honda have (or perhaps will come to realise) an optional larger “touring” pannier lids, like they used to offer on Deauville…

I wonder if Honda have (or perhaps will come to realise) an optional larger “touring” pannier lids, like they used to offer on Deauville…
Would be the answer but would spoil the lines of the bike, You do get so many people telling you how good they look.

How effective is the weather protection on them? I'm assuming it's a variable screen but the main body looks slimmer than the old wings.
2018 ones seem a decent price just now

Weather protection is brilliant even with the standard small screen that comes with the non-Tour.
I fitted the tall screen but to be honest it’s overkill and I prefer the short screen

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

New colour for 2024

81e7b882427845d4d5b42f5ee945e254.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

I like the comment in the Bennets review

Like we said up top there is no rational reason for buying a standard Gold Wing. All the weight and bulk of a big tourer without the two key elements (pillion comfort and luggage capacity) that make them useful. But…but…but it doesn’t matter because like a whole load of other bikes on the market (any 200bhp sports bike for example, Yamaha’s Vmax, TDR250 or any 240kg adventure bike) it doesn’t matter. You buy this bike because you want it and can afford it and that’s it.

You probably won’t keep it forever – it’s a phase you’re going through and that’s fine. Buy one, enjoy every single moment (because you will) and then move on. You Gold Wing moment needn’t define you in the same way as no one remembers your purple leathers, iridium visor and Star Wars race boots.

Motorcycling is funny, motorcyclists are funny, and we’d be crazy to get through it without trying all the different kinds of bike we can.

If you’re on the cusp of a performance-cruiser phase, buy a Gold Wing now and have the best few summers you can imagine on what is easily one of the top ten best bikes on sale right now.

Corbin in the U.S. do a higher capacity saddlebag/pannier "door" for the 2018+ Goldwing. They add about 5.5 litres extra capacity for each side.

Not cheap though.............

I find the standard panniers and the Shad box adds enough for 2 people for a week though.

Back
Top Bottom