Itchy Boots and the new Himalayan

Prices launched today (with thanks to Nathan, I couldn’t work out how to share the Facebook post …).

Accessories to be launched soon, and apparently priced ‘competitively.’

Looks to be a better travel bike than the Triumph 400X imho.

Should crash the price of the 411 version though.

2258df2c31c20ca766b6098b19574231.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting, the 411 is at £3999 at few dealers by me currently. Its priced the same as the Scram and it doesn’t seem to matter if its dual colour or solid.

Other stealers are still at £4995 and £5100 for the two colour. Im sure theres going to be some serious discounting soon.

Kazi Brown.....love it. £6k, mm, no idea what else is about for c£6k, can't imagine much really ?

Kazi Brown.....love it. £6k, mm, no idea what else is about for c£6k, can't imagine much really ?

A lot of people (read YouTubers) are comparing it to the CRF.

I think they’re different bikes, aimed at different markets. Ones for travel (Himalayan) ones for trail (CRF).

Horses for courses.

I’ve done long days in the saddle on my Himalayan with a Seat Concepts seat … a CRF would have crucified my backside

I suspect that with people doing big trips on the CRF Rally (and the standard CRF) as well as CT 125 postie bikes etc etc....manufacturers as well as everyday Joes are twigging that an 'adventure' is what you make it. How long ago did that bunch of reprobates do Mondo Enduro on DR350s ?

A lot of people (read YouTubers) are comparing it to the CRF.

I think they’re different bikes, aimed at different markets. Ones for travel (Himalayan) ones for trail (CRF).

Horses for courses.

I’ve done long days in the saddle on my Himalayan with a Seat Concepts seat … a CRF would have crucified my backside

Yet Itchy Boots has ridden both around the world ….

Bods have ridden, driven, sailed and flown all sorts of things around the world. Some have even walked around it.

Be interesting to see if the CFMOTO 450 twin significantly undercuts it? Also the tubless wheel versions are getting close to the new NX500 price of £6800 albiet the himalayan is better equiped. Will have stiff competition from low mileage used CB500X's for anyone with an eye to depreciation. I think that decent value rather than exceptional is the correct description.

The navigation shown in the video in post #71 is interesting.

As far as I can see, it uses Royal Enfield’s existing navigation system, as found on the current Himalayan. That is OK for A to B navigation, as shown in the video. What it is not so good at is bespoke routes, where the rider chooses which roads to use. It can be done but ‘building’ the route is a pain in the crotch. That of course not bother some owners too much. Similarly, without seeing the bike in the flesh, it’s tricky to see how easy it might be to mount either a dedicated GPS unit or a phone.

The navigation shown in the video in post #71 is interesting.

As far as I can see, it uses Royal Enfield’s existing navigation system, as found on the current Himalayan. That is OK for A to B navigation, as shown in the video. What it is not so good at is bespoke routes, where the rider chooses which roads to use. It can be done but ‘building’ the route is a pain in the crotch. That of course not bother some owners too much. Similarly, without seeing the bike in the flesh, it’s tricky to see how easy it might be to mount either a dedicated GPS unit or a phone.
You may have to locate the phone somewhere on the bike for navigation anyway if for no other reason than to keep it charged.

Or have in rucksack with powerbank

Better on a Quadlock, so you can see when Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap and Mouldy Old Dough are coming up on your playlist 😉

Looking at the design of the tank frame/surround, (video above post 71 at 9mins 50 secs), it seems there'll be space to the left or right front there. I note IB has a forward facing video mount attached there.

Last edited:
You may have to locate the phone somewhere on the bike for navigation anyway if for no other reason than to keep it charged.

My comment about mounting the phone, was more aimed at the bods who like to use their phone as a navigation device in its own right, rather than simply streaming (or whatever it’s called) from a rucksack or pocket onto a TFT screen.

Back
Top Bottom