Itchy Boots and the new Himalayan

If the owner wants to go on a proper adv expedition, yes the Himmy is a different beast. But for the average Joe who wants a small capacity single cylinder adv styled bike with British heritage... I think there's quite an overlap there.

QSYWML5XHNHXVEOSKTCJ5ARP6I.jpg
That looks nice .

If the owner wants to go on a proper adv expedition, yes the Himmy is a different beast. But for the average Joe who wants a small capacity single cylinder adv styled bike with British heritage... I think there's quite an overlap there.

More comparable in spec with the Scram 411 which is a fair bit less money. I do wonder if the 450 might get the same treatment further down the line.
Scram 411

I agree. Spec wise almost identical and excellent vfm
The Himi needs to under 6k.
At the end if thr day it is only a 450c bike. A few years ago 6k would buy you a nice inline 4 or twin 650

Nathan makes some valid points

Just been watching that and, he really has got the hump with RE :) The Enfield is the better bike imho. the almost square engine dimensions will give the engine a bit more plod, more suspension movement and, i have more confidence in the development team and the ethos behind that development. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, interesting times in the less expensive all roads machine market which is good for the punters as there is more good choices to be had.

New 452 to start at £4950 otr nice price less than expected by nearly everyone. I thought it was going to be a bit revvy but it very happily produces 90% of it torque at 3000 rpm which is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has that price been confirmed by Royal Enfield ? I’ve not seen it anywhere …

I've been told the price wont be revealed until late November, even then it might not be the the UK price. I can't understand why we can't be told now, are they trying to be to clever about it, see what the interest is and them hike or lower the price accordingly. Who's in charge of this, marketing or accountants.

Has that price been confirmed by Royal Enfield ? I’ve not seen it anywhere …

no looks like I messed up and see an ad for the old one :ROFLMAO: according to cooperb motorcycle the uk price won't be known till next year which is a bummer

I've been told the price wont be revealed until late November, even then it might not be the the UK price. I can't understand why we can't be told now, are they trying to be to clever about it, see what the interest is and them hike or lower the price accordingly. Who's in charge of this, marketing or accountants.
Nathan the postie has A video on utube echoing your points exactly. He has tired of the “ big reveal” and bought a Triumph 400X

I warm to Nathan's reaction, but think you have to accept the RE and the Himalayan have to move on. It looks like RE have released some pics today of a prototype Electric Himalayan undergoing testing. o_O

Interesting prices on E5 2023 Himmies & Scrams at Miilenium

Their website says £500 off

Their Ebay page for new bikes nearly a £1000 off

Another local dealer had a demo ride last weekend with Himmies at £4k flat, yet other local dealers are still at full price

Seems to be a great package, RE have chosen to go with plain main bearings rather than roller bearings. Could well be that the new model costs over 50% more than a discounted Himmie at present.

Tubless wheels shown at 4:14 and accessories from about 8 minutes. Looking good in my eyes.

Really, I thought it was 39 bhp
everywhere ive seen including enfield sites its 40 bhp but that's not the problem though where they got 39.5 from ive no idea ? the torque is 40 nm up from 32 , they list as 29 nm up from 23 . did they just pluck those out of thin air , I guess so.

Back
Top Bottom