Stella Alpina 2012

ALWAYS the same time of year - not the date... 2nd weekend in july.

The road itself is a piece of piss to ride up but the rally is a good laugh. :beerjug: If you are camping dont eat at the refuge too much and then you wont have to take out a loan. :eek:

stay in bardonecchia where there is some life (not a lot though) or better at campo smith campsite which has a good vibe, and is full of yummy mummies to :drool at

as the 1st july is on a sunday i wondered if it was the 2nd full weekend or the 2nd weekend regardless that the first weekend is a half weekend

I'll be going too. No tsure on my route down there yet, but would like to do a few of the other Cols while I am at it. Not sure I am up to doing the pass up to the forts though.

Anyone care to elaborate on the conditions going up the Stella route please? Tyre choice for there and back, Tourances, or TKC territory?

Ive seen a ducati 916 at the top
Codge who was a first organiser and has only missed 3 of the 30 odd does it either on an old triumph or a old g/s 80

I love the area and the cols around it are stunning :thumb2

Wanting more info!!!

Iam wanting to go this year, anybody know where i can find more info:thumb2

Paul

I last went back in '88 and the place was alive with unlicenced & unregistered loud piped moto crossers. The spirit of the original event has long since gone it would appear, and it's just a dusty track to ride up & down now complete with expensive tat for sale.

Why not put your energies into exploring other less well known tracks in either the Alps or the Pyranees? :nenau

I last went back in '88 and the place was alive with unlicenced & unregistered loud piped moto crossers. The spirit of the original event has long since gone it would appear, and it's just a dusty track to ride up & down now complete with expensive tat for sale.

Why not put your energies into exploring other less well known tracks in either the Alps or the Pyranees? :nenau

Have to agree... :thumb2

23 years since you last visited and slagging it off, how do you know the "original" spirit has long gone? :confused:

its piss easy to ride up, a CBR can easily go up there if you dont mind the bumps. you DO NOT need knobblies to go up.

TBH there are loads of other far better routes to go on.

Team UKGERS anyone ????

Is there a list of those actually going?

Set up a meeting point en France, all ride together from UK-Annecy etc????

I do like it organised.:D

Back
Top Bottom