Is this for..

crumbles

C*ntry Bumpkin.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The bracket on my 1200 gs 2012..
I am assuming it's for a tank bag connection,I haven't got one but if i we're too get a bmw gs one would I need anything else..
There is nothing at the headstock ..
Cheers Mike..
20231226_102554.jpg

ISTR it was for the instruction booklet, daft, as I suspect it would get wet.
I use it to loop my heated jacket cable around to take up slack when not in use.

I think it is where the rider's manual is secured by a rubber band. I have a tank bag mount fitted to mine and it sits just above your blue line on the painted section of the tank cover

Haa OK,,,
Never thought off something like that.....

Thanks for the replies...

Oh, I always assumed it was some sort of stop for the seat.
So it can be chucked away???

Oh, I always assumed it was some sort of stop for the seat.
So it can be chucked away???
Maybe "removed and keept in a safe place for a while" first just in case. The bolts that hold the document holder in place are also used to secure the tank bag bracket.

Yes, definitely it could go in the box of spare bits. I think the battery bracket will need a spacer or something because they screw on top of each other.

I really didn't know it was for the manual.
I never considered that under the seat was a safe place for any type of paperwork :D

under-seat-gs.jpg

ISTR it was for the instruction booklet, daft, as I suspect it would get wet.
I use it to loop my heated jacket cable around to take up slack when not in use.

It was supplied in a ziplock plastic bag when the bike was new.

the bolt holds the rear tank bag bracket on - and the other bits are handy to hold cabling for accessories

but as the others say - its meant to be where the manual goes - I literally saw a picture of it just last week while surfing the nerd (only had the bike 12 years)

Back
Top Bottom