TFT theft and anti theft bracket stolen, Mark to the blower

zoltan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well chap had the anti theft bracket and looks like was a targeted event. Any solutions? I have a pound of butter already.

Attachments

• IMG_6453.jpeg
    IMG_6453.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_6454.png
    IMG_6454.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 293
looks easily enough to replace with a new one?

Buy another pound of butter Robert, that way your's will be twice as unlikely to be pinched. We have loads of spreadable butter in our fridge and so far mine's not been stolen so it must work

Treat it like a sat nav - remove it when you go for your coffee.

Although the anti theft bracket was on there you say it was glued and screwed. Hard to see in the pics but is it screwed into plastic or into the metal frame?

Aren't they VIN locked?
Apparently not.

It’s about as smart as using an octopus bungy net to secure your laptop to your rack, whilst you park up.

and the clips are removable without tools (mine aren’t)

it is literally a magnet for thieves. Woeful design.

Apparently not.

It’s about as smart as using an octopus bungy net to secure your laptop to your rack, whilst you park up.

and the clips are removable without tools (mine aren’t)

it is literally a magnet for thieves. Woeful design.
Yes they are-
Canbus & linbus - so options relating to the original bike are stored expected when the unit is powered up -

So if the mileage is incorrect to the values stored elsewhere, it will flag as incorrect - and you will get a Kombi fault

Not sure if it can be programmed out

It could also be complete bollocks

Yes they are-
Canbus & linbus - so options relating to the original bike are stored expected when the unit is powered up -

So if the mileage is incorrect to the values stored elsewhere, it will flag as incorrect - and you will get a Kombi fault

Not sure if it can be programmed out
ok, but does that prevent them being useful, thus make the screen assembly worthless on the black market?

My suspicion is that it does not, so there is an opportunity for scumbags to make money, I’m sure BMW could have made that much more difficult, thus sidestepping the problem.

It could also be complete bollocks
Why not get in touch with him and ask him? But could also be that you don’t have any bollocks to do it. Just a massive useless pie hole…

Back
Top Bottom