Voge 300 Rally

I'm mulling over all the options at the moment John. Ideally, I'd like a KTM 4 stroke but...£££££££

I'm mulling over all the options at the moment John. Ideally, I'd like a KTM 4 stroke but...£££££££

Got this used 350 EXC-F in august,cheaply - pretty much as new (Eurotek KTM at Ripon) thought they had just taken it from the crate - when they did a valve check

Perfect for the TET

All the road kit etc and only ridden 5 hours per year

They do come up
8df6b2c2f26777937eb36d06d1bd34b4.jpg

Cheers.....used prices over here in France are somewhat more than the UK. Sent you a PM

Voge (France) seem to be getting shut of their 2023 stock of the Rally300...by knocking them out at £3100 (3590eu rather than 4695eu)
This has my head in a bit of muddle as I was really looking at the CRF but as that is well over £5k...this Voge seems like an absolute bargain. (maybe I should have started a new thread)

I've bought one of these and its actually bloody good!
I initially bought a CRF 250 rally as everyone said I should - but it was crap. Yes the engine was ok but the suspension was awful, the build quality was terrible (4k miles and tons of rust everywhere, crappy fasteners etc), so I flogged it after 5 weeks and bought the Voge.
Now, if you're expecting levels of finesse like you find on Ducati's and Yams etc then you'll be disappointed. The plastics are a little flimsy and the wiring is a little exposed in places but........its actually pretty good for the money! I think ownership might be a little more invlved and liberal use of ACF 50/ GT85 is probably going to be the way forward to maintain the current finish.
Dont listen to that stupid MCN ride-off with the CRF. The welding is perfectly fine, the materials used seem very good, paint is fine and the engine is a peach (KLX300 apparently).
Rides really well on roads (as long as you keep below 75), handles the corners well, the suspension is very well set up from the factory and its waaaaaaay more comfy than the CRF.
If I were being picky, it could probably do with a temperature and fuel guage but at £k on the road I can forgive that.
Also, parts are plentiful and cheap on the Moto GB website and there are lots of extras available from our far eastern cousins........
Lots of useful info on the Facebook forums both in the UK and abroad too.
Overall if you're after a cheap, lightweight off road bike and dont want to spend nearly £7k on a CRF (plus an extra £1k to sort the suspension out) I would defo recommend one!

Phew, good to hear....mine should arrive this week, less than £3500 on the road versus over £5500 for the CRF 300 (Honda don't do the rally here in France and I couldn't get a test ride on the 300L 'locally' for love nor money) I plan an hour or three initially with the ACF50 and maybe some hammerite smooth on the rack etc....but every test I've read or watched by people who own them seem to say the same thing....fine out of the box and better suspension than the woeful CRF300s

Phew, good to hear....mine should arrive this week, less than £3500 on the road versus over £5500 for the CRF 300 (Honda don't do the rally here in France and I couldn't get a test ride on the 300L 'locally' for love nor money) I plan an hour or three initially with the ACF50 and maybe some hammerite smooth on the rack etc....but every test I've read or watched by people who own them seem to say the same thing....fine out of the box and better suspension than the woeful CRF300s
The only thing I considered painting when I got mine was the exhaust system - not sure how long the current coating will last when ridden off road etc. Did consider geting it ceramic coated (but pricey) so will probably just slap on a coat of VHT paint. The coatings on the rear rack etc are pretty good to be fair.
Theres a huge following for these on the continent so you should be fine.
Check these guys' trip out to Morocco on them;
Cant understand a word they're saying but no issues on any of the bikes except for a single puncture!

The test bike at the local dealer had a couple of rust spots on the rear rack, a couplke of the welds/bolt locations were discoloured. It was a thought that I'd replace the bolts with decent stainless one and give the rack a coat of paint. I'll see what it looks like when it arrives. (y)

I recently owned a 690 and 790 KTM.
It was wise to have two, to ensure one was working.
They were hardly being used, so l sold both and bought a Voge.

This has put a bit of enthusiasm back into trail riding, and l have total confidence in it.

Just picked one up today for the Cornish back roads and lanes. Going to take some getting used to. Only done 20 miles but first impressions are good. Front brake isnt great but will hopefully improve. Got it up to 75mph no problem. Seems like a good bike for the money. Time will tell.IMG_1268.jpg

Back
Top Bottom