Wapping's Wanders - Ardennes - 29/4-2/5

Hi Lloyd,

I think NLC's problem is a bit different.

His is that the routes do not match his maps. So the device may have to do a recalculation, or he will end up with a series of straight lines between each via point. You can of course navigate down the straight lines as they will just about follow the road, just making it awkward.

Yours was I think more of a problem of riding off route, the device realising, recalculating to get you out of a hole :D and shutting down to drop you in it deeper.

Hi Richard,

We have two differant issues Wandering Star's maps and NLC shutting down, i feel like an agony aunt :)

WS's problem with the maps happens to me now, i think its because i upgraded my maps, i did have some fun last week after not recalculating the route, it gave me an excuse for getting lost :D As you said he needs to just say yes and recalculate them.

NLC's shutting down was a problem, if i remember, with the upgrade before last, if all else fails they can play follow my leader :thumb2

We three are going over earlier tomorrow now and ive stolen your beginner route and plan to do most of that before our sleepover in St Omer.

See you guys on Friday and make sure you dont loose Tom :D i'm off to meet him today to check his set up on his plank :D

Mine seems to be working now after a charge and threats of violence. I have borrowed a second unit from a mate this morning as a backup. No p*ss taking with Ewen and Charlie comparisons. Support team will be arriving on the next train.:D

AC/DC Thunderstruck theme song is in order. Mornings look good and Sunday/Monday.

Went down to Box Hill and Devil's Dyke to "test" the Sat Nav :D. Please to report that it is working again. Might just have to change my handle to SouthLondonCookie.

Have a great time everyone, and don't worry too much about the weather, it is gonna do what it wants, but in my experience it rarely ruins a weekend away and I reckon you will all have a good time regardless - but fingers crossed you get some sunshine.

Rain or shine....

Let's go the middle of the scenic route options.

Motorway to Cambrai

Leave at J8

Head towards Cambrai

Pick up the new ringroad (I think it is now finished)

Then D roads via:

Bohain-en-Vermandois (Stop for coffee / scoff)

Vervins

Montcornet

Rozoy-s-Serre

Liart

Ring road around bottom of Charliville-Mezieres

Sort of south edge of Sedan

Bouillon

=====

Route card attached

Richard

Hey Richard I have printed the route card out and downloaded the routes to the Garmin. Is the above already a route (A,B etc) that you have done or it a new one that we will follow on the card?

Hello NLC

It is on the Mapsorce routes.

I can't remember wwhich of the A, B and C's it is.

From a guess, find:

Chunnel to Peronne cafe

Peronne cafe to hotel

or summat like that.

Have a good time guys.
I was in Peronne the other day:D
Hope the weather holds for you, it was lovely this last week.
Watch out for the Helicopters monitoring speed......I gave one the finger big time, whilst he was hovering over the bit of road that I was using....Bastards:mad:

Hi Kev B,

Thank you.

I plan to run a decent length ride around Essex, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire sometime before we get too much older. Hope to see you on that :thumb2

Richard

Final roll call

Wapping
ChasMill (and Rory) - Meeting us at the hotel as he is in Ber....mu....der at the moment
Richard Fothergill
Phil Reader
Mr & Mrs Dxtans
Robroy
NeilDD
North London Cookie (with or without GPS)
Wandering Star
and TingTong (who I think is coming with us but maybe going with the other crew :nenau)

====

Full tank of fuel (including you, Tom :D)

Rendez-vous at the train (or having a coffee before) and gather up at the first fuel station as we leave the train, please.

We will run the drop-off marker system, in the vague hope of keeping us all roughly together.

Any problems, text me please. If anyone has a real problem making the train, due to say a puncture (it happens) we can work out what to do / where to meet. I will PM everyone my mobile no. but I guess most of you have it already.

Bon route :thumb2

Richard

Back
Top Bottom