Winter gloves

Morety

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Suffering from cold hands (diabetes doesn't help) I recently tried some inexpensive Richa Carbon winter gloves and to my surprise, they work well. Better than my more expensive Held gloves. Only been out recently on some chilly early morning jaunts but haven't had to reach for the heated handgrips yet, so a big thumbs up from me (y)

Well done. I chased the perfect winter glove for years. I found the 2 fingered ones were the warmest. Then I discovered muffs!! They are ugly but they are so warm. No more winter gloves, I wear summer gloves all year. Can’t beat them.

I’ve a set of Givi Mufffs, ugly as sin on a bike, summer gloves with heated grip's on the colder days. Hated them at first but wouldn’t be without them now. Winter gloves are in the cupboard for years. The Givis attach and detach easy so I move them between my bikes. Haven’t tried them on the Norden yet though

I've been looking at buying some heated gloved this winter.
Id prefer the wired to the bike kind, as swapping batteries is a faff i could do without, plus they would probably go flat 100 miles from home knowing my luck.

Must admit i hadn't considered muffs 🤔

Id prefer the wired to the bike kind, as swapping batteries is a faff i could do without, plus they would probably go flat 100 miles from home knowing my luck.

The best thing I have found, is electric liners, worn underneath conventional ‘their season‘ (spring, summer, autumn) Gore-Tex gloves, with the temperature regulated by a remote controller. If it is very cold, I wear the liners under my three finger ‘lobster claw’ gloves.

I have medium sized hands but found that I had to go up in glove size, to get the gloves over the liners and stay comfortable.

Another vote for muffs with summer gloves, and a shytebag too.

I gave up on trying to look cool years ago, warm and dry is where its at.

(If you think heated grips or gloves are good for winter, just wait until you discover a heated seat pad.)

Givi TM421 are the muffs I fitted. Had a couple of different types but these fit over the bike controls very well. Even better with hand guards

(If you think heated grips or gloves are good for winter, just wait until you discover a heated seat pad.)
The Norden came with a heated seat. Thought it was pointless. Used it yesterday for the first time. Total bliss

I have a set of SHAD X0SR00 generic muffs on my Tmax scooter long with a Tucano Urbano "Termoscud" (AKA Shytebag).

I fitted Oxford heated grips and an cheap eBay carbon fibre two stage seat heater pad kit (a game changer).

(My Hexhead had Tucano Urbano muffs (319 I think) and a Termoscud.)

Used muffs for a few years and they are great for keeping hands warm with vented summer gloves. However can be a bit of a pain if you are filtering between traffic - car/van mirrors can get in the way etc.

I now use Rukka lobster claw gloves - little mechanical protection but loads of warmth.

Tart ;)

Used muffs for a few years and they are great for keeping hands warm with vented summer gloves. However can be a bit of a pain if you are filtering between traffic - car/van mirrors can get in the way etc.

I now use Rukka lobster claw gloves - little mechanical protection but loads of warmth.
I’ve got a pair of the Rukka lobster claw gloves and they’re excellent being both warm and waterproof with the biggest advantage being that the lining doesn’t pull out if your hands have got a bit warm and sweaty.

If it’s really cold I wear them with a pair of very thin fingerless merino gloves but we’re talking several degrees below freezing before that’s necessary.

With these muffs ,doesn’t the rain run down your arms and into the muff .bit like if you have your gloves over your jacket sleeve .

With these muffs ,doesn’t the rain run down your arms and into the muff .bit like if you have your gloves over your jacket sleeve .
No, not at all. They take a bit to get used to but I’ve used them for years and leave them in all year round because I’m lazy like that!

There’s a reason lots of couriers use them.

I've a brand new shitebag for sale soon.

Have a set of gerbing heated gloves for myself and bought the wife a set aswell,
Absolutely fantastic, had them about 12 years now and no problems,
Just wire into bike and away you go

I have a pair of unused BNIB Keis large heated glove liners available if anyone is interested.

Part number W54-X200L.

£50.00 posted to UK.

These ones acutally look pretty good on the bike.....
from Nippy Normans

100682.jpg

Have you tried litihum batttery powered heated gloves.
My son bought me a pair 2 years ago, and they were the best christmas present ever. 3 heat settings and I normally use setting 1 when it is cold. They last over 6 hours in this low setting.

Back
Top Bottom