Winter gloves

Just reading through this thread and am interested to know, although mentioned that some muffs (Givi TM421) fit over hand guards do they still fit if the bike has the Givi hand guard extenders fitted or does that make it to large to go over?

Sick of chilly hands so am tempted to try muffs

TIA (y)

Just reading through this thread and am interested to know, although mentioned that some muffs (Givi TM421) fit over hand guards do they still fit if the bike has the Givi hand guard extenders fitted or does that make it to large to go over?

Sick of chilly hands so am tempted to try muffs

TIA (y)
Yes I’d say they would

I was out for the day in 8 degrees last week and just used my Held Air'N'Dry gloves with heated grips at the lowest setting. It was fine, no problems with cold hands at all and I usually do suffer with that. I don't really see any cold issues unless it's 5 degrees or less. The biggest help I think is having hand guards fitted to reduce wind chill. Heated grips are great but if wet, you'll lose the waterproofing of Gore-Tex or other wp gloves as the wp layer sheds moisture from high to low temperature. Personally, I never got on with muffs and had them in the past. I find them cumbersome and fiddly for switches etc. A good set of hand guards, decent gloves and heated handlebars do it for me. I may add some heated glove liners when it becomes too cold. Or...just use the car!

I meant to fit my muffs today - but i got tied up with healamp bulbs and christmas lights

I may give it a go tommorow - providing it dosent rain

I bought a pair of very expensive Rukka winter gloves a few years ago. I've worn them no more than half a dozen times as I just can't get on with them. I reckon muffs look like the best option for me on a late 1200GSA TC, any recommendations for that model please?

Edit: Scrap that, I've just looked at the NN link that was kindly posted. They'll do nicely, TY. (y)

I bought a pair of very expensive Rukka winter gloves a few years ago. I've worn them no more than half a dozen times as I just can't get on with them. I reckon muffs look like the best option for me on a late 1200GSA TC, any recommendations for that model please?

Edit: Scrap that, I've just looked at the NN link that was kindly posted. They'll do nicely, TY. (y)

I have Tucano Urbano R319 since around 2009, used on several bikes including R1150GS. They were replaced by a different model but seems they are no longer made. I will be refitting them to my R1200RS before I take any more rides this year.

The Givi ones mentioned above seem to be the best option - TM421, universal fit over handguards

I have Tucano Urbano R319 since around 2009, used on several bikes including R1150GS. They were replaced by a different model but seems they are no longer made. I will be refitting them to my R1200RS before I take any more rides this year.

The Givi ones mentioned above seem to be the best option - TM421, universal fit over handguards
I have both types of Tucano muffs, ones to suit the Hexhead / TC, and ones to suit the LC,

definitely some cost down on the LC versions, - Only lined on the upper face, and the inner opening isnt as effective as the hexhead versions

Spent 4 hours out yesterday in temperatures between 1 and 3 degrees and managed perfectly with gloves and heated grips but that was with hand guards fitted. I reckon without them it'd have been a different story!

These ones acutally look pretty good on the bike.....
from Nippy Normans

100682.jpg
Have you got a link for these as they look well fitted?

The best thing I have found, is electric liners, worn underneath conventional ‘their season‘ (spring, summer, autumn) Gore-Tex gloves, with the temperature regulated by a remote controller. If it is very cold, I wear the liners under my three finger ‘lobster claw’ gloves.

I have medium sized hands but found that I had to go up in glove size, to get the gloves over the liners and stay comfortable.
What make liners please

Back
Top Bottom