GS-911 wifi whilst charging battery?

GS21

Reaction score
Hello All, Can you plug in and use a Hexcode GS-911 wifi whilst charging the battery on the motorcycle?. With the ignition on and lights on, the GS-911 does sap the power from the battery fairly quickly, hope somebody can answer - Thanks!.
Oh and happy 20th birthday to my bike this week, R1150 GSA Manufactured July 2002 in Berlin.

The GS911 will use very little power in comparison to the Bikes ancillaries

That is very true. I know you can use the GS911 with the motor running, but is not good running the bike in the garage. I have searched the web but cannot find anybody who has used the 911 when battery charger is connected to the bike, next port of call is an email to Hexcode I guess.

Won't be a problem. The battery will damp out any noise coming from the charger.
Having said that the power consumption of the GS911 should be negligible for a healthy bike battery.
How long do you plan on having it connected?

Reply from Hexcode

I emailed Hexcode S.A today to ask if it was safe to use a GS-911 Diagnostic Tool with the bike battery hooked up to a battery charger, here is the reply for anybody that is interested :

……..
Hi Jon

Yes, that's perfectly fine. We actually have our bikes on chargers at all times to avoid accidentally testing on a bike without one for too long :)

Just remember to keep an eye on battery level in the software to ensure it doesn't drop too low even with the charger.

…….

An Interesting reply I thought!.

Not too long, but the last few times I used the 911 it needed to update the software, this took some time, the battery is fairly new and I keep it on float charge, the lights are the biggest drain culprit, after 20 mins with ignition and lights on the battery does drop quite significantly, it’s a Yuasa Type.

Not too long, but the last few times I used the 911 it needed to update the software, this took some time, the battery is fairly new and I keep it on float charge, the lights are the biggest drain culprit, after 20 mins with ignition and lights on the battery does drop quite significantly, it’s a Yuasa Type.

Ah right. Oh well, you've got your answer. Charge away.

Back
Top Bottom