1250 GSA Trophy edition - Recalled today

peej1977

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had my new Trophy edition dropped off this morning as the roads are like glass, was all happy until they arrived back at my house 5 hours later to take it back off me lol

Apparently a recall came in this morning, something to do with needing a software update which could in "rare" cases result in anything from a gearbox fault message on the dash, to the gearbox sh*tting itself at speed and they would prefer I didn't ride it until its been updated. Allegedly this recall notice only came in this morning so they said they will be contacting other owners in due course, but didn't specify the range of bikes affected. Assuming it is indeed just a software update.

EDIT - If it's relevant the bike arrived running SW version - 023_011_060

Attachments

• IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 2,206
  • SCR-20230117-nd5.jpg
    SCR-20230117-nd5.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 2,402
Just checked my 2021GSA VIN on the recall checker and it is showing one safety recall outstanding, which is 0000232600. Possibly the same as yours peejay1977.

Just checked my 2021GSA VIN on the recall checker and it is showing one safety recall outstanding, which is 0000232600. Possibly the same as yours peejay1977.

I’ve just searched on the motor ombudsman website and there’s nothing showing for mine

Checked mine, 2021 GS in Portugal, and it came up with same recall number.

It’s better for the dealer to deliver it and then collect it as they get paid for the bike as you’re hardly likely to pay for a bike until they can deliver it.

Dont know where your looking, but VOSA's website has no recalls for any 1250 GSA or GSA Adventure for MY 21,22 or 23

Are you sure it was the Dealer who picked it up and not some Scally's in a white van who saw it getting delivered earlier.:augie:augie:augie

Cann't fault that service from your dealer. Just as well the weather is pants at present, so you are no missing riding it. Nice Bike.

My R1259 GSA was also supposed to be delivered today and is now being held by the dealer to sort the problem and will be delivered on a Monday. A real pain as they were collecting my p/ex so I had transferred my insurance over already and had to cancel my ceramic coating which was booked for tomorrow :mad:

My 2019 GSA now has this recall which it certainly didn't have when I checked a month or so ago! WIll be giving them a call tomorrow me thinks

I checked my VIN on the BMW website and no recall on mine, R1250 GSA, Trophy edition. I only collected it 4th Jan.

I checked mine and has the same message..
Its February 2022 model.
Here in Greece we are breathtaking for an announcement

Στάλθηκε από το M2004J19C μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Not limited to the Trophy,

The 22 rallye hire bike i had has pinged positve for a recall

Do we know what problem it is?
Generally though

Στάλθηκε από το M2004J19C μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom