Downloading to Garmin Explore issues.

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry if this goes on a bit. I have planned my 2024 Euro Tour routes (Tracks) using Google (My Maps)...saved as KMZ...and the imported them to the Garmin Explore app on my pc. This means they will auto sync to my XT next time I turn it on. This all works fine and I even did a route locally to see if it works and its perfect.
However day 10 of my tour only seems to download as 2 tracks...even though I have planned it the same way as all the other days, which download as 1 track. The day is is no longer then any other day and only has 10 waypoints.... other tracks have many more. Anyone know why it says its 2 tracks please?

Can you upload the file?

If you can, one that isn't a problem and the one that is and I'll have a ganders at the two as fresh eyes may spot something you haven't

Last edited:
Can you upload the file?

If you can one that isn't a problem and the one that is and I'll have a ganders at the two as fresh eyes may spot something you haven't
Had to zip it to allow it to send. Thanks. On my pc its a KMZ file/Google earth.

Attachments

• 24 Euro Trip Day 10.zip
    56.7 KB · Views: 2
Ok when I open it I see 5 separate routes

Each Route is labelled A-B

Do you have a route that isn't an issue that I can compare?
All done the same way...hence my confusion. The routes are built using layers.....several per route..still only downloads as 1 track apart from Day 10?

Attachments

• 2024 Euro Trip Day 9..zip
    71.3 KB · Views: 1
I have to say i have compared the two and I absolutely agree they look identical in how you have planned them and cannot see any differences
I am just going to save them out and then open them in another bit of software and see how that sees them

Last edited:
However I have noticed that two of the routes do not start when the last route ends (there is a gap of say 200m)

So maybe its seeing the ones that start and end at the same point as one route

then the two that don't start and end at the same point as another

hence why you only get two tracka
Which bit? Losheim?

Back
Top Bottom