Scorpion Exo Tech Evo Carbon

Ta . Good info.

Sent from my N65

Have you tried an: X-Lite X-1005 U.C. I came from a Scorpian Carbon Full Face which was great to a flip up and found the build quality and features to be really good with the X-Lite. My only negative with it is the position of the speaker cut outs which were way off for me (unlike the Scorpion which was spot on) however in ear monitors solved that. Fopund it way more comfortable than a Shoei Neotec that i have also, plus the helmet is homologated with the chin bar up etc.

Have you tried an: X-Lite X-1005 U.C. I came from a Scorpian Carbon Full Face which was great to a flip up and found the build quality and features to be really good with the X-Lite. My only negative with it is the position of the speaker cut outs which were way off for me (unlike the Scorpion which was spot on) however in ear monitors solved that. Fopund it way more comfortable than a Shoei Neotec that i have also, plus the helmet is homologated with the chin bar up etc.

No, never even seen one. Will keep an eye out, ta.

Sent from my N65

Isnt that a flip up rather than a flip over ?

I guess price is fixed as a Chinese brand trying to make a name in UK a d get some market share
I thought they where Korean, and have been around a while, I had one of their flip adventure helmets and it was really well put together, just a tad on the heavy side, but it was a Flip up Adventure lid with a peak etc after all.

I tried the one Arsey is looking at, it was very well built, an improvement on the Shark design, that was also borrowed by LS2, but just not the right fit for me, impressed by the build, and weight, I love the flip over chin bar type lids.

Thats interesting. Read somewhere that it was not removable. Was going to cut it out but in winter its been good to have.
i have kept mine and it would be good to put in sometimes
i use a Dango Design camera mount which is why i moved it

Quite like my Shark Evo ES , especially in hot weather as has great ventilation so just ordered one of these .

faeae370f2d24eaefee4bc7dc81b01ed.png

f00bbe3e2bd27535fac62472b761a75e.png

Quite like my Shark Evo ES , especially in hot weather as has great ventilation so just ordered one of these .

faeae370f2d24eaefee4bc7dc81b01ed.png

f00bbe3e2bd27535fac62472b761a75e.png
Copycat :D

Mine arrived this afternoon - colour is nicer in the flesh so to speak 👍

Damn. Just had email from Helmet City telling me that the helmet is out of stock and I don’t think they have any more in any colour in a size L.

Might just go back to Plan A and get one of these

886d010a8cd988377db1a521369e71b5.jpg

It was a snug fit but will probably be fine . Love that colour too

Last edited:
Just now

Attachments

• 1708081957027.png
    1708081957027.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 10

So I’m in between work trips in UK and nipped down to the Sportsbikeshop in Reading today.
Tried on the Scorpion Exo Tech Evo Carbon again in L and it’s just too tight, especially with chin bar down as it really clamps cheeks. Tried a non carbon in XL and it was just a tad big.
Shame as I liked the fit and finish .

Then I tried the LS Advant X again.
Quite nice but quite oval and fit not quite right .

But what I really like about my Shark Evo ES is how the chin bar really slots in tight and well back when open and as pointed out in a Motolegends vid, the sides protrude when open so more protection than a pure open face.

So I’ve ordered an Evo GT in this colour from the link above

9b0e6bb203337f35a202ff829435434e.jpg

And if you use the code WELCOME10 you get a further 10% off if it’s your first order.

Also,ordered this to,save buying second Cardo Packtalk Edge complete kit. Can simply fit this and use the controller in either helmet .

703ac9fda4583f8d38f7c3adbf80fe5a.jpg

Result .

Ta for all of your thoughts above .

Sent from my N65

Last edited:
Reactions: HGS
So the new Shark arrived whilst I was away as did the Cardo second helmet kit.
No pinlock in box . Grr.

Quick call to Megamotorcycle store and they said they could check the packing cam based on my order number and see if one was packed !
Twenty minutes later got an email saying one is in the post.

Then went to fit the Cardo Packtalk Edge kit.

The speaker recesses are even smaller than on my Shark Evo ES

Here’s the recess with the diameter of the Cardo JBL speaker backing next to it

7b05ee429fb364fe7968dfcf1b174396.jpg

cd0a753d766e4b4cbce16aa69fa4ba46.jpg

So out with the Dremel.

7ace1d56d75de74ccf4bf1642c1bba69.jpg

45d12ed4c4584ca8b0e175b2da0912eb.jpg

Good enough, as it’ll be hidden by the liner

ebfeb4eb24cd16cffb878848434c1c01.jpg

So all sorted.

Only annoying bit was pushing the plastic lining back into the helmet rim, as I managed to unstick some of the rubber trim around the base. Very annoying as the other Evos I did were fine.

Out with the superglue . Not sure it’s taken properly and fucking glue seeped out a tad . Very annoying .

Oh well, only a cheap helmet , not the end of the world

73489ef45c7048f3d6a457ca54ec101c.jpg

Sent from my N65

Back
Top Bottom