V100 Stelvio caught testing.

The rear rack appears to be 3" wide, why did they do that? Regardless, I can imagine removing the whole thing then using the mounting points for a wider aftermarket rack which will also incorporate mounts for aluminium cases.

I think what you may be seeing is the grab rails. The actual rack is quite small I think. Rear end looks to be the same as the Mandello. In which case yes they come off and an aftermarket rack bolts on instead. I have a hepco and Becker which does just this and is quite neat. Panniers from the Mandello will probably also fit.

OK thanks, it (below) is referred to as a grab rail then and the whole works can be replaced with a rear rack.

If not exactly as per Mandello then no doubt H & B (and others) will have something soon. That 'rack' is pretty pointless!

d645d941f9b4e00f8582fc38f1adaafc.jpg

Sent from my N65

......The Italian firm are giving away £750 worth of free accessories for first-time buyers, while also offering existing Guzzi owners enticing trade-in bonuses against V7, V9, V85 and V100 models Prices start from £14,700, increasing to £15,400 when the bike is kitted out with Guzzi's PFF Rider Assistance Solution -
You guys are fortunate being offered incentives on Guzzi's all new bike, meanwhile Clifton here paid full msrp with no incentive!

You guys are fortunate being offered incentives on Guzzi's all new bike, meanwhile Clifton here paid full msrp with no incentive!
But at least you have Clifton the cat :D who’s paying for your motorcycles. :augie

We do not have such a luxury.

OK thanks, it (below) is referred to as a grab rail then and the whole works can be replaced with a rear rack.

That rear rack looks ideal to me for my normal "day trip" luggage -- just enough for a "tail pack" with puncture kit, bottle of water and a map...

But at least you have Clifton the cat :D who’s paying for your motorcycles. :augie

We do not have such a luxury.
No the cat was "Wiley", now sadly deceased. I suppose his absence has allowed the cheque account to increase a bit so in that way he did help pay.

Yes the rack will certainly work for carrying a small pack, and the supports will provide attachment points to strap a larger bag on the rear seat.
What I want though are hard panniers if someone comes out with some which fit tight to the bike and those mounts might require that the factory rack come off.

A brief demo ride review from a dealer.

BTGMoto is Dale Lomas, a VERY good rider who used to be a journo for MCN and Performance Bikes before moving to the Nurburgring and instructing on both bikes and cars . He’s one of the quickest ever guys on both two and four wheels around the Ring .

If he says it’s good then it’s good .

Having been a tad disappointed with the Stelvio at EICMA, perhaps I need to get a test ride

Buy one.

Life too short not to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw an XSR GP in the flesh the other day. It looks absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom