What we like to see on the new 2019 GS !

160BHP
Free updates to TFT inc integrated sat nav.
Make the paint stay on longer than 3 months
Make it handle.
Improve the looks.
Paint it orange..........

do away with most of the electronic Tat..it needs more power 150-160BHP, 17 inch front wheel option, Ohlins option, better quality fastners, M50 Brembos, change Nav partner to Tom tom

Low level exhaust and equal size panniers option, preferably touring style panniers (to save me doing it again myself on my next bike!)

Joystick like that on latest Triumphs, to replace large, clumsy and badly placed wheel. Having stripped one of these down and seen how mechanically and electronically complex it is to achieve a relatively simple function, this design must be costing BMW a fortune. I'm sure a joystick would be much cheaper, less intrusive and more ergonomic.

Secondary TFT, mounted above instruments TFT, and supporting Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, plus powered compartment in fairing to hold the mobile phone required to drive this.

I think putting full map based nav, or mirroring phone screen, onto the current instruments TFT display is a non-starter, and in any case I think a satnav display needs to be higher up. A hybrid system attempting to use an app on your phone as the engine to power features on the TFT, is evidently not BMW's area of expertise, as can be seen from the current integration fiasco. All the stuff they are trying and failing to do reliably - like integrating telephony, music player and satnav, are all available and working on mobile phones already. Just give us a second touch sensitive screen and possibly a joystick to link to a phone, and via the phone's native capabilities and the thousands of existing apps, all those add-on features would be much more conveniently and reliably available, just as they are in many cars these days.

Built-in accessory power feeds - like those provided by HexEzcan. Why can't this be provided at the factory instead of having to strip down the bike to add additional power connections for things like dashcams, phone chargers, additional brake lights, etc.

To be honest I don't feel the need for more power, but a little less weight would be welcome.

Adjustable footrests, and corresponding gearshift and brake lever adjustment.

Dual Clutch Transmission option - the ultimate quickshifter!

Fred

Wonder how many of the 'I want a weight reduction' are tosser size and could help themselves achieve that option without weighting, see what I did there, for the new bike:D

@ChrisA;What I meant was hopefully the Euro-3 Akra with removable baffles fits on the new one because no one wants to go back to the days when boxers sounded like NOTHING...like the days between 1993 and 2009 before in 2010 finally good sounding boxers right from the factory were finally available.I remember after a testride of the then all new R1100RS in 1993 when I thought my lawn mver has more sound and I bought a new R100R instead...:D
Having said that I hope the EU deceases before Euro-5 becomes reality because leaner and quieter than Euro-4 would be a killjoy for sure...:mad:
As for less weight it would be nice but I don't see it as lighter materials are more expensive.
Unless they bring the CF frame and wheels also for the new boxers as rumored coming for the all new 2019 S1000RR to put the new 1100 V4 Panigale back in it's place...:D
In autumn we know more and only hope they stop fooling around and giving us the goods we desperately need and deserve...:thumb
I waited for the 150hp boxer ever since the LC came out in the end of 2012 to make water-cooling worthwhile.
I hope they don't play the plus 10hp game every 5 years otherwise we have to wait until 2029 to get a boxer with Ktm or Duc power levels...

I'm surprised that there have been no pictures out yet except for the R 1XXX RT test mule with the different looking valve covers...Which makes me think that pretty much everything stays the same except for a more powerful engine like in 2010 when the in 2008 updated GS got the DOHC heads and exhaust flap.
2017 the GS got a cosmetic upgrade and 2019 new heads and hopefully 1300 cc !
Looks like history repeats itself until lighter CF frame and wheels come to drop the weight by 50 or so lbs...

Back
Top Bottom