MCC Edinburgh Trial 2014

Are you doing the Exeter Trial Ian?

I'm planning on making another attempt at the Land's End at Easter.

Are you doing the Exeter Trial Ian?

I'm planning on making another attempt at the Land's End at Easter.
Yes, doing the Exeter.

Would be great to see you on the Land's End, especially in class C on that shiny airhead :thumb. I'll put a post up when the entries are out.

I bumped into Mav yesterday who hinted at having another go so maybe we could do UKSGSer team.

I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you. The airhead will be staying at home.

I'm hoping to buy a Beta Alp 4.0 in the next few weeks so that at least I can stand a chance of getting to the start of the sections to have a go, unlike last time when I bottled a few just looking at them.

Still, it will be good to meet up anyway.

I'm hoping to buy a Beta Alp 4.0 in the next few weeks

A great machine, a bit like a retro DR350. IMHO the Alp 200 would be more competitive for MCC events, though not as comfortable between sections.

See you there :thumb

A great machine, a bit like a retro DR350. IMHO the Alp 200 would be more competitive for MCC events, though not as comfortable between sections.

See you there :thumb

I just need the 4.0 to be more usable than my g/s. Then I'll be happy. I'm not worried about being competitive, my goal is to start all of the sections. Although I did notice when I looked at 2013 results, I cleaned the sections I didn't enter. Perhaps there's a new strategy!

I just need the 4.0 to be more usable than my g/s. Then I'll be happy. I'm not worried about being competitive, my goal is to start all of the sections. Although I did notice when I looked at 2013 results, I cleaned the sections I didn't enter. Perhaps there's a new strategy!

I'm sure the Alp4 will be fine, the MCC sections are far less technical than a normal LDT

I just need the 4.0 to be more usable than my g/s. Then I'll be happy. I'm not worried about being competitive, my goal is to start all of the sections.

I think the Alp 4.0 will be considerably easier to handle that the g/s, and more than competitive enough. A mate has been running a 4.0 in MCC events for a few years now and always has some good rides :thumb

Ian, JB,

Any suggestions for tyre choices for the MCC Trials as I'd like a good tyre but stay within the rules.

Ta.

Thanks chaps. Can't wait to hear back from the dealers/importers with prices.

Getting excited now.

Great stuff

If you come to Yorkshire to see them, feel free to call in & look at my mods to mine

Back
Top Bottom